Monday, November 16, 2015

THE PRAY PROJECT

I'm currently writing, or typing per se, nearly 5AM, already Sunday the 15th. I am honestly at a loss for words right now trying to describe the things I feel about what's happening to our world and other bits and bobs. When I knew that we got the topic of poverty and hunger, I actually immediately thought "seriously? again?" This topic has been given to me from countless subjects for the past semester...and maybe it was for a reason. As a seventeen year old college girl with many, many distractions such as social media and piles of projects and homework for school, you never have or take the time to actually stop and stare around you to think of our country's current situation. In a snap, I pictured what I wanted for the video. I wanted it to have an impact on people; I wanted it to be real. We planned to go to an area and interview people who have gone through or who's going through poverty. And in a nick of time, the filming commenced. We interviewed 3 lovely ladies, Jovy, Rosanna and Normia. I really felt for them and I was inspired by their stories, especially Rosanna. To pay respects to them, we gave them goods just to try and help and give back, cause that's what it's all about. When we were filming the video, to be honest, I wasn't exactly the happiest with the shots we've gotten. I wanted it to be more dramatic, and I realised that it didn't matter. This was real. This is happening. And that's what's important. The hardest process for me was actually the editing. I had to do it alone, it wasn't the usual videos I'd edit; it's just, everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. I nearly had an anxiety attack, nearly thought I was going through an existential crisis, that’s how crazy I am, but I pushed through. I'm going to be honest and say that I'm not as proud as I could be with how I edited it. I know I could have done more, but like I said, thats's just it. It was still worth it. To sum this up, this experience was life changing. It opened my eyes to the struggles of the people living in our country. I know there's a lot more people going through worse and what I learned is just to be thankful. Thankful of what you have; your home, the roof above you, the clothes you wear, the food you eat, the school you go to. Everything. Recently I read something from the bible, it was about a community that had no poor people in it. And the reason for that is because the rich gave what they had to the poor, shared everything they could to the poor. Thus making none of them poor. Imagine what we could do if we only learned to give and not be selfish and take everything for ourselves. Just learn to give. No one has ever become poor from giving. Like what it says in our video, according to Obama, "If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope." Just learn to give. The more you give, the more you gain. And never forget to pray. That’s what this world desperately needs right now.

By Kristen Huang

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoSbLrZdo3o

No comments:

Post a Comment